Well I’ve finally done what I’ve been saying I’d do for quite some time now, forked the Anthem.NET project on sourceforge that has gone pretty stale. I’ve started a new codeplex project for the fork with which my immediate aims are to:
- Clean up the codebase
- Incorperate some community and personal bugfixes
- Drop support for .NET 1.1
- Make a beta code release
I’ve already released what I have as a 1.5.2 alpha release so that people just looking for the project can get started easily.
Longer term I’m looking to:
- Refactor the JS code so that it works as a jQuery plugin. Will give greater browser compatibility as well as reducing the size of anthem + jQuery overall (as anthem can use jQuery’s AJAX functionality). This will also make the code much more maintainable.
- Add much more stringent documentation and unit tests.
- Incorperate some new controls that have common uses.
- Find ways to allow easy use of jQuery effects with anthem callbacks
Please let me know what you think. I could do with all the help I can!