I’ve spent most of today doing some more work on AnthemNxt to continue simplifying the code base and making the framework even more fool proof to work with.
- Separated out the single project into AnthemNxt.Core and AnthemNxt.Controls. For now development will concentrate on Core and further simplifying that. Any patches for Controls will be happily received however as I know many people have their own Anthem controls kicking about.
- Created a dedicated AnthemNxt.Tests web application project which I’ll repopulate with the old Anthem tests at some point, but for now I am using as the basis of my tests for a HttpModule that will simplify Anthem error handling.
- Separated script management out of AnthemNxt.Core.Manager into AnthemNxt.Core.ScriptManager with the intention of eventually allowing the use of this ScriptManager in place of the built in ASP.NET one no matter if you are in a callback or not.
- Created AnthemSection (configuration section handler for web.config) from where the old settings are now read and where any new settings will be placed.
- Created AnthemModule (which is now required to be included in web.config and will be reported as missing if so) which will be used to pave over the slightly manual way in which Anthem used to handle reporting errors back to the browser. The intention is that Application_Error will work identically as it does for postbacks to give you the chance to log information etc, yet redirects to error pages etc from within there will still be honoured using the callback scheme.
I’ve also added two controls of my own: